Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Leading Worship

I lead the worship at my church, First Baptist, in Lynwood, California. Sometimes it's so easy, as if I'm floating with the Spirit. Other times it's just going through the motions. Life is like that. One thing I've discovered about worship is that it lifts your spirits even when you are down as can be.

When I was in High School I was scared of everything. If there was an oral report due, I stayed home sick. No way anyone could get me to speak in public. And sing? As much as I love to, I would not sing in front of strangers. As a matter of fact, my family used to tell me to shut up. One of the threats I would use on my brother was "I'll sing" and he would always give in. Imagine his chagrin now when he hears me solo in church.

Now I not only sing in public, but I enjoy it. And speak? Give me a microphone at your own risk.

And it is all because of the Lord. My love for Jesus has changed my whole attitude. Sometimes when I lead the music it's like there is nobody else there but Him. It is in those moments that I am truly worshipping.

No comments: