Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another Day

Well, I made it through the night. A little cry in the bathroom helps. Today is a new day and my devotional this morning was a good, uplifting one about how mountaintop moments don't last, but they do give you a chance to see the big picture. Well, I could use a mountaintop right now, but at least I feel more positive this morning. The valleys don't last, either.

I've decided to go on with life as normal. If I have to I can walk the dog by myself, or cut the lawn, or even go to the market. What I can't do is remain a prisoner to this treatment. Life cannot go on hold for six months. When I get one of those alone feelings, I just have to remind myself that God is with me, I am not alone, feelings shouldn't dictate my actions.

As for John, it's his life and how he chooses to spend the next six months is truly up to him. As for me, I think I'll walk the dog when I get home tonight.

No comments: