Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rest in Peace


I am deeply saddened at the death of Patrick Swayze. My beloved Pastor George died of pancreatic cancer shorty before Swayze was diagnosed. It is a horrible form of the disease, and one of the deadliest. I can still hear an oncologist telling me "you know there is no cure for that" when I mentioned my pastor's illness.


No cure. Those are harsh words. As I write this a dear co-worker is going through a similar situation with her father. A fairly young man in good health he felt a bit under the weather one day and went to the doctor. He was given 2-3 weeks to live. He is now in the hospital on morphine and unresponsive. Two short weeks.


Cancer. It is a scary word. Probably the most frightening one anyone can hear. There are so many types, many of which are curable, but a few that are not. I am thinking of all the loved ones I have lost to that word. Too many.


God bless us all.

No comments: