Thursday, May 17, 2007

STRESS

Well, stress is rearing its ugly head.

To be honest, I come from a long line of worriers. The Barrett women were world-renowned for it. (That's my mother's mother's side.) We are so good at it, and so prolific, that we worry when we aren't worried. Well, worry leads to stress, which brings me to today's blog. I'm worried. What a surprise. I'm worried about work. I'm worried about my family. I'm worried about my husband. Heck, I'm even worried about my dog. Like I said, a long line.

Well, now because of that, I'm stressed. So, since the blog itself is called faith, I find myself asking myself - "so, where's your faith?". I haven't answered myself yet.

Where is my faith?

I think it's the same place as always. Surrounding me with protection from myself. The trouble is, that the stress takes a toll on everything else. I'm diabetic. I get stressed, my sugar goes up. I get stressed, I eat, my sugar goes even higher. So, where is my faith? Well, it has kept me from getting nuts and eating things I shouldn't. My faith has kept me from breaking into tears. My faith is what is going to get me through this.

Where is faith when you go through hard times? Right there. Faith is how you go through them, and don't get stuck or stopped. Faith is what keeps you from giving up. Well, I'm a worrier, not a quitter. I have faith.

No comments: